Monday, May 21, 2007

Does anyone have a nickel?

I'm sorry for all the blogs at once but I finally made it home to Toronto and had a chance to do a little reflecting! Last night while driving from Kansas City to Chicago I was trying to come up with some more lessons for everyone when an obvious one jumped up and slapped me in the face. It was about 10:45 pm, Sam and I only had 2 hours of driving left when I had a mini panic attack, forced on me by the sign that read Toll 3/4 of a mile. For crying out loud, we had made it ALMOST the entire way without any blonde moments when I realized I had NO change besides the baggies of dimes, nickles and pennies I had organized when moving out of the condo in April. Now this was not your ordinary toll road, the first two tolls were $1.90 each-come on people really, what happened to those nice little 25 cent tolls. Sam's quick brake lights and a swerve to the shoulder told me she had no money either- this is when debit cards have absolutely NO USE. In short, the toll both gentleman hated me when I payed $3.80 with nickles, dimes and a few quarters I managed to collect from my golf bag. The second part to this lesson is that if you are the one with the baggies filled with coins, make sure you go through the gate first so you don't have to park your car and get out in the freezing cold and run up to your travelling companions car to throw the last few nickles in the basket for her!! Yes folks, this stuff really does happen.......

No comments: