Monday, April 23, 2007

Another airport to check from my list

Hi guys, I hope everyone is doing well and staying out of trouble. I'm just sitting in the Houston airport waiting for my connection into McAllen Texas to arrive. After finishing in Lafayette Louisianna yesterday afternoon, we drove to New Orleans where we flew this moring back to Texas to finish up our windy leg of the tour. I had a good week in Lafayette and had my best finish on the Futures Tour, a tie for 8th. I shot 68 on Sunday and had one of my best putting rounds to date. Not only did I put 3 solid rounds of golf together but I got to play with one of my very good friends on Sunday, Ms. Cortney Reno herself. I have to give her a little shoutout for her deuce on the first hole after holing out a 90 yard wedge shot- very impressive. When I mentioned the windy leg of the tour earlier I didn't really elaborate but I most certainly will. There were times in college that we played in some miserable weather but I have to say that Frisco Texas a few weeks ago was pretty high up there on the painful list. After having Friday's round called early due to a storm with tornado warning in the area we had to finish up our first round at 7:30 Saturday morning. Now mind you 7:30 is usually a little cool but try 36 degrees with the windchill and winds upwards of 30 miles per hour. After finishing our first round, the entire field had the priviledge of playing the second round in this weather before it too was called early due to sunlight issues. Saturday's round was finished early Sunday morning and thankfully the weather gods were back on our side and we had a much more pleasant final day. I promise I am not making this up at all. If the tour was to be polled I would estimate that on average everyone had four layers of clothing on and bought the pro shop out of handwarmers twice. It was tough but I guess the good side is that it makes for one heck of a story. Will everyone please keep their fingers crossed that the typical McAllen winds go a little easy on us this week?

Cheers,

Shep

No comments: